Monday, December 28, 2009

Forever

Today is a special day for our family. But as I think about it, really it's not all that special...It was 2 years ago today that a judge told us that we were a family forever. Our adoption was final, and that "it was as if we had given birth to Roman."

I didn't need a judge to tell me that we were a family. I loved him the minute I saw him.

I didn't need a paper to tell me that I was his mom, The day we left the hospital I was his mother.

The paper made it legal, it told the world what we already knew in our hearts.

We snuggled lots that day. I took a deep breath that I didn't even realize I was holding...Roman was our sweet boy FOREVER. FOREVER. Forever is a long time, and we were given that blessing. That blessing didn't come from the judge though, it came from a sweet birthmom who gave us the greatest blessing of our lives.

3 comments:

  1. What a great day! Love how you remember it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is special to have the world finally recognize what your heart had known from the moment you laid eyes on him. I'm so glad for you guys!

    ReplyDelete