For Valentine's Day we did a little celebrating on Saturday. Spencer and I exchanged gifts. I bought him a microfiber storage ottoman (We have been wanting one for a while to store blankets and pillows in) and Spencer gave me a paper that said "Let's go shopping for furniture!" Because I have been wanting a new family room set. The couch that we currently have in our family room was my parents, it's 20+ years old and has seen better days. I was planning to just go back where I bought Spencer the ottoman and get the matching set, then we found another set that are not the same color, but they will go together well and they were on a fabulous sale! Only problem, they are on back order. That's okay, I know that I am getting beautiful couches, it makes me happy.
That night rather then fighting the crowds to try to go out we had take out chinese food with Katie and Scott for dinner then after Roman went to bed we played games. So much fun! It was seriously the perfect Valentine's date.
Yesterday we had our Valentine's Family Home Evening. We started with dinner (Lasagne and breadsticks) then we decorated Valentine's ornaments, made valentine's bugs, decorated cookies and read our Family home evening stories. It was again a very fun night. I was a little sad that Valentine's was on a Sunday, but we were able to celebrate all weekend long.


Did you pick out your new furniture yet, I want to see pics :)
ReplyDelete