Thursday, May 13, 2010

The DMV

Anyone who has renewed their drivers license recently knows that they have changed the rules here in Utah. You can't renew your license by mail anymore, have to take all sorts of documentation, and the wait can be ridiculous. The good news, you can find a list of all the information you need online and they have an estimated wait time so you can plan before you go.
Monday was Spencer's birthday so he had to renew his license before then. Friday he spent over an hour looking for his birth certificate. He searched everywhere and we couldn't find it. So we started looking for his passport, um, couldn't find that either. He did have his wallet sized birth certificate so he decided to just go to the DMV and hope they would accept that because he had everything else that he needed. So he went down, stood in the first line and found out that he did indeed need his actual birth certificate or his actual passport (he even had his passport card in his wallet, but that didn't work either). He was able to do ALMOST the entire thing, and he got a temporary license but he had to go back with either his passport or his license to get it renewed still. I searched online and we could order a new birth certificate for $18 and I was ready to just do that. Spencer wasn't ready to give up yet. That afternoon I was laying in bed with Roman for a nap, Spencer and I were quietly talking and all of a sudden I remembered where I thought our passports were. So Spencer went downstairs and returned with our passports (just a few hours after going to the DMV without it.)

Spencer's dad is here to visit this week and yesterday we did a divide and conquer. I had a few errand I needed to run, and Spencer and his dad had a few errands to run and Roman went with Spencer and Grandpa on errands. The first errand, back to the DMV with his passport to get his license! Roman is a CRAZY boy lately, and from the pictures it looks like the DMV wasn't too busy when they went back (thankfully) but it also looks like Roman was true to form CRAZY!



No comments:

Post a Comment