Roman is starting to feel better, the spots are starting to go away now. I am glad we went to the doctor though because if I hadn't thought they were chicken pox before I am sure I would have by the next day. He has little spots everywhere now (which is better than welts everywhere I guess). He has enjoyed running around naked the past few days, and will be sad when he has to start wearing clothes again.


Glad Roman's doing better. Not that this really helps anything but it might interest you to know that 2 of my boys (Anthony & Aaron) also have allergies to penicillins and we found out because of reactions to amoxicillin with both of them. (And they both broke out in rashes from head to toe just the same way.) I'm not sure if Benno is allergic yet since he hasn't yet had to go on antibiotics (fingers crossed!!!)
ReplyDeleteAnd a warning to be extra vigilant anytime Roman gets antibiotics now...I once had a dr prescribe Augmentin for one of my boys and it wasn't until I picked it up from the pharmacy and brought it all the way home that I read the label and found out that Augmentin contains amoxicillin (which totally surprised me that BOTH the doctor AND the pharmacist didn't catch that since the drug allergy is in my son's chart! I took it back to the pharmacy and the girl at the counter even argued with me over whether there was amoxicillin in it or not..finally she called over the official pharmacist who understood and apologized for the whole thing!)
Glad that Roman is doing better! He looks so happy. I am just glad that you caught the allergy!
ReplyDelete