Monday, September 29, 2008

Words

Last week Roman had a 15 month well child check-up. He now weighs 21 lbs 8 oz (12%), 28 3/4 inches (6 %), and his head circumfrance was in the 7%. She was asking all the usual questions and she asked if he said at least 10 words. Um, definitely. She asked how many and I said "I don't know, probably 50, at least" so I decided that I am going to count his words as he says them today (or as I think of them) and see how many he says. Oh and I'll put the translation if they are off.

Mama
Dada or Daddy
Papa (he really missed his Grandpa, good thing we picked him up from the airport yesterday)
Gama (Grandma)
Wawa (Marla)
Kis (Chris)
Be (Gabby or Becky)
Key (Kaylee, Kitty or Key, depending on the context)
Tee (Tiffany)
Dee Oof Oof (Brodie, our dog)
Pool (water, usually that he wants a drink of water)
Cookie (Cracker, usually goldfish cracker)
nak nak (fruit snacks)
up
out
no
okay
eat (said with sign, so cute)
more (also said with sign)
bye bye
goodbye
oh hi
hello
cheese
cucumber
baba (bottle)
outside
inside
I want (usually he cries this one)
ah duh (all done)
dog
duck
me
car
tree
light
pho phone
shoe shoe
chair
slide
ball ball
bob (his giraffe)
oof oof (woof woof)
quack quack
moo
roar
uh oh
play
pwee pwee (please please)
two
three
pil pil or pil poh(pillow)
pappull (apple)
No no's (nose)
Belly Butt or Bee butt (belly button)
eyes
ear
hot
ouchies
baby
oh boy

Okay, this is all that I can think of right now, I am sure there are more. I love all the words that come out of this boys mouth!

(And I have to share a picture, because he is so darn cute! Roman learned to drink from a camelbak in Moab. If you can't tell he has my camelbak on and is drinking out of Spencer's).


ETA - I knew I would think of more

Yay
Tray (Train)
Spoon
Aplay (Airplane)
Wanna See
Sit
Bum
Nuh Night
Fry

3 comments:

  1. He is a cute little boy. I hope you are able to adopt another soon. Kids change your life for the better. They are so much fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a smart boy! All the love you give him must stimulate the learning center of his brain. He's sure to be a genuis! And a way cute one at that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is too cute! I miss that age!

    ReplyDelete