Sunday, December 14, 2008

So much harder than I ever imagined!

Three months ago I was so happy at the thought that we were actually going to move into a bigger house. I had huge dreams of what it would be. I loved fantasizing over what we would do with all that extra room. Well, the dream is on the verge of becoming a reality and I am so sad to say goodbye to my sweet little house.

This house has been home to us for almost our entire married life. We closed on this house on Spencer's 22nd birthday. When we moved in it seemed huge, so much more space, what would we ever do with all this room. We didn't even have enough furniture to fill the house. Ah it was heaven.


About 6 months later our house became home to a 2 year old Dachshund/Terrier mix dog that was a little skiddish but she was such a cuddler. She would sit on the couch with me and watch TV every night so I wasn't scared to be home alone while Spencer was in school. We couldn't have asked for more. We loved the house, we loved the neighborhood, we loved the ward. Life was perfect.
Photobucket

Six years later a tiny baby boy came home with us and changed our life forever! Who knew that one tiny boy would accumulate so much stuff so fast. He has toys, towels, blankets, clothes, bottles, cups, plates, bowls, spoons, food, shoes (way too many shoes).


Well, after a few months, once we started sleeping a little more, and the little boy was playing and laughing and just the light of our life. So we started thinking, hey one is great, we should have another. Where will we put another? Maybe they make bunk cribs, or maybe we could teach Brodie (the dog) to share a room. Well, we met with the case worker and got everything ready, she came and looked at our house and asked "Where will you put another baby?" "Well," we responded "When the time comes we will have the baby in our room until we can get a bigger house." And that was that, she was happy with our answer, jotted it down and was on her way.

About a months later, out of the blue Spencer and I for some reason started talking that we both felt that RIGHT NOW was the time we were supposed to move. Sure we were feeling a little pressure to have another bedroom but it could wait. For all we know it could take 3 years again to have another baby. Well, we hurried and fixed the house up, cleaned it from top to bottom, at least twice a day, and just when we were starting to think that we had jumped the gun, the realtor called to tell us we had an offer.

When she called I started to really regret our decision. Does this mean we actually have to leave our little house with the great neighbors, great house, great ward? Sure the house is little but we have made it work for 8 years, we can make it work a few more. At this point I am almost in a full on panic, we have to move, the weekend before Christmas and we don't even have a house. We are going to be homeless for Christmas! What would be worse than that?

Well, the next day we spend the entire afternoon looking at houses, by the end of the day I told Spencer I was so overwhelmed this was so much harder than I remembered. At the end of the day we sat in our family room eating Ice Cream as our anniversary celebration. Happy Anniversary, we made it 8 years, and we found a house. Unfortunately we are still waiting for approval through the sellers bank so it looks like our fears were real, we will be homeless for Christmas. Thank Heaven's for family! We will be staying with family for the holidays.

We will always consider our first little house - home. We have so many fond memories here. So many firsts. Our first house, our first pet, our first child. I can't wait for all the memories we will create in the new house. Hopefully all as happy as the ones we have created here in our little house in the perfect neighborhood, in the perfect ward, with some of the best friends a person could ask for.

5 comments:

  1. I would feel the exact same way! I get so nervous about change! But usually change is good. Everything will work out for the best and your new house won't take long to become home! I'm excited for you guys to have more room!

    ReplyDelete
  2. it will be really strange to not have you across the street...we have enjoyed you there...i know you promise return visits!!
    (sorry we left early yesterday my legs were causing me so much pain i was gonna cry, your vacation looked like total heaven!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on selling your house. I hope that your luck changes and maybe your Christmas present will that your offer will make it through. (= I always felt like selling the house was the hardest. I am so glad yours sold so quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darn, I was hoping Roman and Alex would be able to start going to nursery together. I'm bummed you're moving, but as we keep saying, we need to get the two boys together. Let me know when things get settled for you. Good luck with everything!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so hard to move! I had a really hard time moving away from that ward, too. They were there for some of the toughest times in our lives!! You with Roman and me with Mary- that ward will always have a special place in our hearts. But wherever you go I'm sure they will love you!! Good luck with everything!!

    ReplyDelete