For the past 3 months we have been waiting, fairly patiently to hear back from the bank on the offer we put on a house we wanted pretty bad. We were so patient we moved out of our house, the weekend before Christmas and have been living with my parents, in one bedroom and all of our belongings are in storage. Finally yesterday our realtor called us with news. But not necessarily good news. The bank had come back with a counter offer asking more than the house appraised for. I cried, I will admit it, I sat and stared at nothing because I just didn't know what to do. Our realtor said there was another house in the neighborhood that was in the same price range that was 200 sq/ft bigger so we decided to go look at it. I don't know how it was bigger, it looked smaller to me and just wasn't right for our family. So our amazing realtor made a ton of phone calls throughout the day yesterday and the sellers agent said that if we resubmitted an offer at the appraised value with the appraisal they would see what the bank said. So once again we are waiting. This has been an insane experience, I am hoping that in 10 maybe 20 years we can look back and laugh but right now I am ready to crawl into a hole with a gallon of ice cream until the bank decides to be reasonable and GIVE ME MY HOUSE! If it were only that simple! Until then the waiting continues!
Thursday, February 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh my gosh Wendy I am SO sorry! What a nightmare.
ReplyDeleteI know you've heard me say it before but I'm so so sorry you guys are going through this. I seriously can't even believe that bank and how stupid they are being! Uggh! You guys are always in our prayers!
ReplyDeleteThat bites - I am so sorry!!
ReplyDeleteThat is insane that they would counter offer at this point! First of all with how long you have been patiently waiting, and second because of the way the market is right now! You would think they would be extremely happy just to have a buyer!!! Wow! Well, I hope that this means that things are going to start moving along quicker for you guys! Tony and I drove by, we couldn't remember for sure which house it was, but the neighborhood is ADORABLE!!! We thought everyhouse in there was cute!
ReplyDeleteit's the story of the country...greed...they just want to get more out of you...i'm so sorry :(
ReplyDelete