By the time Jon Schmidt started the kids attention spans were running low. They thought it was cool when he was playing the piano upside down, but really they just wanted to ride the train. I LOVED the entire concert. Jon Schmidt did a medely of Love Story by Taylor Swift and Vive la Vida by ColdPlay. You can check it out on Youtube here. It was pretty much amazing.
After the concert was over, as promised we took the kids to ride the train around the mall. Becky had asked and someone told her it was free so we told Roman and Gabby that they could ride it as long as they sat through the concert. Well, we got over to where the train rides were and it was $3 a person, but overall they were so good we felt like we should still let them go on a train ride. They were in heaven! Absolutely loved it.


After the train rides it was time to get Roman home for a nap. So we got everything together and got on our way. As we were almost to the car Gabby noticed that a few of the singers from VoiceMale were loading up their trailer right next to where we were parked. Gabby tried saying hi to them but they didn't hear her. So she wanted to go over and say hello. So Becky took her over to say hi as I got Roman into the car. Gabby said hello and that she had liked the concert and they told her thank you and gave her a copy of their Kids Stuff CD (one of the kids favorite CD's already). Roman always wants to do everything the girls are doing so he was mad that Gabby got to say Hi and he didn't so Becky and I switched and I got Gabby into the car and Becky took Roman over to say hi, and they gave him a copy of the CD too. He was so excited about it. Sad, but at 2 he already knows what a CD is. I even bribed him to take him nap by telling him that he could open and listen to his CD as soon as he took a nap.
Oh, I SO wanted to go to that one but I forgot about it. Was it on Tuesday? That's so cool the kids got CDs. I think I have about 3 of their CDs.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE the Love Story/Viva La Vida song...I'm jealous you heard it live!
ReplyDelete