Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Bad Mommy Moments

Do you ever have those moments where you just know you are a bad mom? Yeah, I had one of those this morning.

Yesterday Roman was sick, really sick. We had a long day and I was so happy when he went straight to bed at 7:30 last night, didn't make a peep. At 12:30 he woke up SCREAMING for me. I asked Spencer if he would bring Roman into our bed and I would snuggle with him. It's not uncommon for Roman to need snuggle time when he is sick. Well, we snuggled and after about 5 minutes he calmed down and was going to sleep. I asked Spencer if he would mind if I put Roman between us and let him sleep in our bed. Spencer said he would just sleep on the couch. I didn't want him to sleep on the couch so I told him I would just scoot over and cuddle him tight.

Around 3:30 this morning we heard a thump then screaming. Roman fell out of our bed! It took about 5 minutes to get him to calm down again at that point I just put him in the middle. At around 6:45 Spencer picked him up out of our bed and took him back to his bed. By 6:50 he was screaming for me again. I went and picked him up only to discover a swollen sad looking eye. Poor boy. He must have hit the nightstand when he fell out of the bed. Every time I look at him I feel so bad. He is pretty good at laying on the guilt too. He keeps saying "eye, eye, ouchies." and touching his eye right where it's hurt.



At least he is feeling better, other than the eye. Poor boy.

3 comments:

  1. Poor Roman! Don't feel bad about it though. I've had a handful of bad mommy moments that I think are worse. It happens to us all. Hope he's feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everyone thinks they're a bad mom when these things happen, like one little girl I know who ate her own poop and one little boy I know who ate his dog's poop.

    Their's aren't bad moms and neither are you. :) :) :) [true stories]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I think we've all done that a time or two!! You just feel like a bad mom so that it doesn't happen too often :) But yeah, I think I've dropped every one of our kids in a similar way off our bed....poor kids, good thing they're durable!!

    ReplyDelete