Thursday, November 27, 2008

Giving Thanks

I wanted to take the opportunity today to give thanks for all the blessings in my life. I feel so overwhelmed. We have been so blessed.

I am thankful for my sweet Roman who is the light of my life. He is an amazing, smart, funny, loving, crazy boy.

I am thankful for my husband, Spencer. I am thankful that he is my best friend, my forever companion, and the love of my life.

I am thankful for Spencer's education. I am thankful that he took the time and dedicated himself, and I am thankful that he found a profession that he is happy in. (I know I don't share your same enthusiasm but I am happy that you are happy!)

I am forever thankful for Katie. She gave me the greatest gift. She made me a mother. She is an amazing friend, and I am so thankful for the friendship we have.
I am thankful for my family, both my family and my family through marriage.

I am thankful for so many sisters (and one very picked on brother). I love that they are some of my best friends.

(1999, I especially love Chris' hair and Marla's bangs! Love you guys!)

I am thankful for my friends. They have helped me through some hard times, and have celebrated with us as we have celebrated. Couldn't ask for better friends!
(This is 1994 I think. I am the one in front!)

I am thankful for the opportunity that I have to stay at home and experience everything with Roman. Again going back to Spencer's education, it's because of that education that I am able to help Roman to grow, and hopefully one day we can support him with his education. We love dreaming about what he will be when he grows up. He has the whole world ahead of him. He can be anything!

(He is showing me where my teeth are, not picking my nose)

Lastly, but definitely not least, I am thankful for the gospel in my life.

There are so many more things that I am thankful for. I need to remember to be thankful for my many blessings every day!

3 comments:

  1. I agree with Wendy on every thing she is thankful for. I am especially grateful for the gospel and the opportunity I had to be sealed to Wendy and then to Roman. I love both of them so much. I am also grateful for the trials that I have had in my life, especially for the trial of in fertility. I am grateful for this because with out we would not know of the miracle it we would not have Roman and I am so grateful for him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful photos, especially the last one. You are such a neat person Wendy. I feel blessed to know you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That picture of the temple was taken by Roman's birthmom the day we were sealed. Pretty incredible huh? It's one of my favorites! I am thinking I need a big copy of it somewhere in my house.

    ReplyDelete