Saturday, August 15, 2009

How did I get so lucky?

Sometimes I just realize how incredibly lucky I am.

This little boy is the greatest.

He can now spell, he is up to 3 words (verbally, he hasn't mastered writing letters yet). He can spell M-O-M, S-T-O-P and N-O. When he spells no he always says "N O spells No"

Every stage I have said "This is my favorite stage!" And this is no exception. Sure we still have tantrums, and holy cow does this kid have an opinion at times but I love watching him learn, and figuring things out. I love listening to him talk, I love playing with him and watching him become more independent. He says "No, by a self" all the time. He wants to do things himself, and I have to take a step back and let him.

I was looking through my camera at all the pictures from this week. We really had a great week.
We had, as usual, a crazy week, again. I won't bore you with the details but here are a few of our highlights.

Tuesday Marla, Roman and I went to the Farmers Market downtown to get some delicious fresh produce. We found some AMAZING peaches, they were so juicy and delicious. Roman couldn't wait to eat one.

After we were done at the farmers market we went to the fountains at the gateway to wash all the peach stickiness off Roman.

Roman did NOT want to be put down in the fountains. So much so that Marla didn't even have to hold on to him.

Roman has been loving his computer lately. I was making dinner, and Roman plopped down on the couch to play his games. Look how hard he is concentrating!

Friday we went downtown with Becky and her girls and Nicola and her kids as a last big outing before Becky's kids went back to school. We went to Build-a-bear and let the kids build an animal, then went to the gateway fountains again.

Roman decided on an Owl (or a Howl as he calls it).


Roman dressed his owl as a basketball player (because he wanted it to have a ball)

Roman is becoming very independent and wanted to carry the box "by the self"

Gabby, Roman, and Kaylee carrying their animals in their little houses.

Roman checking to make sure Howl is still okay in his house.

After Build-a-bear we went to play in the fountains at The Gateway again (we love that place). Roman actually went and sat in the fountain with the girls, the girls were all sitting on jets, Roman sat off to the side but he still had a good time.


I can't believe summer is almost over. We are not ready!

2 comments:

  1. (a) He is so brilliant. Spelling?!

    (b) That picture of him on his computer cracks me up because that's pretty much the same thing I did most of the time at your house, LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, he may need to skip kindergarten and go straight to third grade if he keeps learning at this pace! Sorry I missed your call, we just got home Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete