
I have been horrible about blogging this week. I just kept thinking, we are doing the same things we always do. We went to the aquarium and the zoo, but we do that alot. Anyway, here are a few things that we have been doing lately.
Monday we had our first Family Home Evening with Roman. It was simple but I am very excited about it. We went to the neighborhood park and played on the equipment. Spencer picked up a pizza on his way home from work and met us at the park. Then we were planning to read a story from "My First Book of Mormon Stories" but there were these bees that wouldn't leave us alone so we came home and read the story of Lehi's dream. I am very excited to be doing Family Home Evenings. I am not sure why we put it off so long!
We have hit the terrible 2's. He has a major attitude, and he throws THE WORST TANTRUMS. We can usually talk them out which is helpful but holy COW!
This lovely picture was taken at one of the most delicious restaurants (Yamasaki). Friday was my sister Marla's birthday so we went out to lunch with Marla and my mom on Thursday to celebrate. I think one of his onion rings had just fallen off his fork so he was throwing a tantrum about it, not sure, he was pretty much upset about everything.
As I mentioned we went to the zoo again, look how big the baby Giraffe is getting! Every week I see that he is noticeably bigger.

We are working on refinishing our deck. Friday night we rented a sander and sanded the deck, yesterday we sanded the edges with hand sanders then we put the first coat of finish on it yesterday morning. We are going to need to put another coat of finish on still but it looks so much better.
Last but definitely not least, Roman has been learning his states. It started out when we went to California I showed him the states that we traveled through on a map, then we had visitors from out of state and I showed him where they lived on the map, and it has just kind of gone from there. I think he is up to about 35, he loves looking at his map. Sorry they are a little shaky, I was trying to film and talk to him about it at the same time, I obviously didn't do a very good job multitasking!
Good job starting Family Home Evening. My kids look forward to it every week even though we never do anything too exciting. Start them young and then the habit sticks I guess!
ReplyDeleteI hear ya on the Temper Tantrums. When we visited Allison she called our boys the Sweet and Sour Patch kids. So sweet one minute, then sour the next. You never know what will set them off. I Love that you are teaching Roman his states. Kids are sooo much smarter than we give them credit for. There memories are amazing when they find things they are interested in. I am sure Roman is super amazing. I wish we were closer so we could hang out. I think we are coming for Christmas
ReplyDeleteOK SERIOUSLY!!!! HE IS A FREAKING GENIUS! I can't believe that my mouth drops still when I see what new things he is learning. I shouldn't be surprised any more...but seriously! LOL! So cute!
ReplyDeleteCan I just say I think you are an amazing mom? I can't believe all the stuff you are teaching Roman at such a young age and he is just picking it right up! What a smartie!!!
ReplyDeleteDang it, how ironic to mispell "Genius".
ReplyDeleteTwo words:
ReplyDeleteGenuis.Baby. Except, sob, he really isn't a baby anymore!