Sunday, March 28, 2010

Easter MADNESS!

Yesterday there was an Easter Egg hunt and activities at This is the Place State Park. We heard about it from some friends and after going to the Days of 47 activities day at This is the Place last year we were so excited about this. They did a great job at the Days of 47, it was busy, but doable. I knew it would be busy because it was a Saturday so I told my sister Marla that we would need to be there a little early, but it was so much busier then I could have ever imagined. When we got there the line was almost completely down the sidewalk. We waited in line for about 30 minutes, they opened the door and had the egg hunt split into age groups. The age group Roman was in we found, and waited there for them to say that they could go find eggs. Well, it was like a huge flood gate was opened when they said "Go" and there was literally a stampede. Thankfully my sister Marla came with us, and went in with Roman to find eggs. They got ONE egg. (And he got it from one of the people who worked there, they were GONE before he could get one.)

Doesn't he look THRILLED to be there?

Next we went to the craft area and Roman made a Happy Easter sign. It actually wasn't very crowded, there were lots to choose from, and we were able to find a table right away as we got there. By the time we were finished it was getting pretty crowded.
Roman was concentrating so hard on decorating his eggs, (See his tongue stuck out the side of his mouth? Too cute!)

Roman and Aunt Marla...we sure LOVE that Aunt Marla. She comes in very handy. She is always willing to help us, even when that means running through a crazy egg hunts with a bunch of people searching for free candy!

The one thing that Roman REALLY wanted to do was ride on the train. We saw it coming, and it didn't even stop at the train stop, we found out that it was only stopping at the visitors center, so we went and waited, and waited (we probably waited 15 minutes, then almost didn't get on the train). I think the whole day was worth it to Roman just to ride on the train. That was the one redeeming part of the day! I told Marla, if we ever hear of anything that is free on a Saturday again, and I say that we are going to go, TALK ME OUT OF IT!

1 comment:

  1. LOL!! So sorry! I tell you about it and then we wimp out on going. I heard they were going to do the Candy cannon and I remember the total STAMPEDE there was when they did it for the free Halloween thing we went to and decided I didn't want to try and keep track of Katelyn in that mess. (Danny already wasn't too enthused about it to start with.) We missed you at the neighborhood egg hunt--that one was fun!

    Also--I keep meaning to tell you--your hair looks FABULOUS!!!

    ReplyDelete