
Saturday we had planned to go to the city egg hunt, but the weather has been very cold and they were predicting snow, so we decided to skip that. Roman and I spent the day at home, scrap booking like crazy. I finally finished the first of the two project 365 scrapbooks (too bad I still have to finish mine!)
Easter Sunday started too early. (Every day does doesn't it!?!)
We started out finding eggs, until Roman spotted his Easter basket...

Then he had to stop and check out what was in his basket.


Then the egg hunt continued. Spencer thought that the Easter Bunny was hiding the eggs in too obvious of places (forgetting that Roman is only 2) so he started hiding them in harder places. He had to find almost all the eggs he had hidden, even then we didn't find the last one until a few hours later (it was the one that was hidden in plain sight, just above 2 year old eye level)
Roman spent the rest of the morning eating candy, by about 11:00 am he was C-R-A-Z-Y!!! Literally bouncing off the walls.
We got him to sit down for a few more minutes to dye eggs. I boiled 12 eggs thinking he would lose interest pretty quick. After all 12 were dyed he was no where near done so almost all the eggs were dyed 2 or 3 or 4 times. Some of them turned out pretty cool because of all the double dipping. Roman liked the smell of the egg dye. He kept smelling them!




I thought we were going to have a serious fight on our hands to get him down for a nap, but less then 10 minutes after his head hit the pillow he was snoring away. (Spencer says that he was just crashing from the sugar rush.)
After his nap we were watching conference and Roman found an interesting way to keep busy....Spencer and I were sitting on the love seat together with out feet on the ottoman, Roman found that dropping in the space between us was the perfect little hammock for him.


After conference was over, my family started arriving for Easter dinner. We hosted dinner and the egg hunt for the cousins this year. I just did a little quick math, and for the 4 kids (Jaren, Savannah, Ariana, and Roman) we had approximately 125 Easter Eggs that we hid. WOW! No wonder their baskets were filled (and over flowing).


We didn't get any pictures of everyone just visiting, but we missed Becky and her family and Brenda and Dave. It's funny that just dropping our numbers by 5-7 people seems so much smaller. So much smaller that we were all able to eat in the dining room (well, we put the kids in the foyer so that they would have tile floors under them.) We all ate at one long table, and had lost of...interesting conversations...they always are when you get family together. So much fun.
Today, we are so tired and I think Roman has a candy hangover. (I am sure not nearly as tired as Katie, she had to leave WAY too early this morning. The first thing Roman told us when he got up this morning was that Mommy Katie wasn't in her bed. ) It's starting out to be a nice quiet day here.

Sounds like a fun Easter. Roman got some cool stuff in his basket and it looks like he had fun with stickers on his dyed Easter Eggs, too. Wow, I'm amazed you hosted Easter dinner. I told my family someone else would have to host it-I'm pregnant! Hee, hee! We went to the City egg hunt and it was fun but yeah, COOOOOOLD! Katelyn got about 7 eggs and a bunch of candy. Happy EASTER!!
ReplyDeleteHe is just so amazingly handsome. even more every time I see a picture
ReplyDelete