Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Father/Son Campout

We went to the father and sons camp out on Friday. We left late but found out that almost everyone gets there late. Roman loved the idea of camping, but I think he loved the tent even more. He just wanted to go in the tent and lay down in his sleeping bag all the time. In this picture he was showing me his ouchie while sitting in his sleeping bag.















Next he wanted to lounge in his chair outside the tent.















The only way I was able to get him out and away from the tent, was to ask if he wanted to go see “the water” the creek that was close by. He loved picking up the thousands of pinecones, throwing them in the water and watching them flow down the creek.















We also watched some of the older boys shoot arrows. Our bishop’s son seemed to be the best shot. He was hitting the mark over and over.

Roman was also so transfixed by the fire at night that he was quiet the entire time that we were singing and throughout the spiritual thoughts given by the bishopric. However, he was also really good about not going too close to the fire. I even asked him if he wanted to stand up higher and closer to the fire so he could see it better and he told me, “no it will burn me.”

Roman slept really well that night. I can not say that I slept too well, because we got hit with some crazy rain that woke me up a few times.

In the morning we had pancakes and eggs. I have to say that these were probably some of the best pancakes and eggs I have ever had. Roman ate really well too. He also ate a banana with his eggs and pancakes. Daddy knows better than to eat a banana.















Overall we had a great time and when we got home Roman said that he wanted to go camping again.

1 comment:

  1. Fun! That makes me want to go now! Everything always tastes so much better when you're camping.

    ReplyDelete