Monday, January 3, 2011

The black eye

The Saturday before Christmas (December 18) we were at Spencer's mom and step-dad's house. While we were there Roman needed to go to the bathroom. They have 2 bathrooms in their house. The hall bathroom (main bathroom) which is Chris' bathroom and the Master bathroom. Roman doesn't like to go to Chris' bathroom because Grandma Signe always says it's dirty, plus he gets to go through Grandma and Grandpa's room to go to their bathroom. Roman needed to go to the bathroom and of course he wanted to go to Grandma and Grandpa's bathroom. Spencer went in with him. After he was done he came running out of the bathroom and turned the corner too fast to run out of their bedroom and ran square into the corner of their dresser. We hear the bang and the crying from the other room. When I went to see what had happened Roman said he broke his eye. We went into the family room and cuddled a bit then I finally got a good look at his eye and it was already starting to bruise.


I looked at it and I said "Oh buddy, you are going to have a black eye." Roman was totally calm and told me "It's okay mommy, it will be all better by Christmas." I told him I didn't think so.

I took a picture every morning and it was just so sad the first few days.





I can't even tell you how fast it healed. In the end, Roman was right. It was all better by Christmas. Just a week later.

No comments:

Post a Comment