Tuesday, January 18, 2011

January 5, 2011

January 5 is a special day for our family.
January 5, 2008 we were sealed to Roman in the Salt Lake Temple.

We decided in 2009 that we always wanted that to be a special day that we celebrated as a family. Every year we go to the temple. Every year it's FREEZING cold so we never stay long. We let Roman go up on the stairs and see the doors.

We talk about going inside. About being sealed. What it means that we were sealed. We talk about all the special people who were there that day. We talk about his Mommy Katie. Roman is getting old enough that he understands more. He knows that he grew in his Mommy Katie's tummy. He has started to ask harder questions.
"Why is Mommy Katie my birth mom?" Because she loves you SO much, she wanted you to have a mommy and a daddy, and she wanted you to go to the temple and be part of a forever family.
That question lead to "Why are you my mom?" Because your Mommy Katie prayed and she asked Heavenly Father what family you needed to come to. She wanted to make sure that got to the right family because she loves you SO much! Heavenly Father helped her to find us so that you could come to our family.
I know there will be many more of these questions. I hope I can find all the right answers. He is such an amazing, special boy. He has blessed our family so much, and I am thankful that we have started this tradition of celebrating the day that we became a forever family. After visiting the temple we let Roman choose where he wanted to go to dinner. He chose Noodles and Co. I hope this is a tradition we can carry on for years to come.


No comments:

Post a Comment