Sunday, January 6, 2008

Such a special weekend - Sealing and Blessing

This weekend was so perfect and I know there are not enough words to tell about all of it, but I know this is going to be long, because it was so amazing.


On Saturday we got up at 6:00 to start cooking the meat and start getting ready. The sealing was scheduled at 1:00 pm so we were supposed to be at the temple at 11:30. My sister, Becky, was coming with us to take care of Roman in the youth center. It was snowing like crazy so she didn't get to our house until 11:15 because the roads were awful. Spencer's family all live in California and his dad, step-mom, brother, sister, and aunt had a 7:15 PST flight and they were supposed to arrive at 10:10 MST. They only had one runway open at the Salt Lake Airport which was really delaying flights. Their flight finally took off at 9:00 PST (pretty much as they should have been arriving). Spencer's cousin was driving up from St George and slid off the road and spun around 3 times. I tried to text message Roman's birthmom a couple times to make sure she had arrived safe and no word. We were on our way to the temple I was about to have a heart attack I was so stressed. Finally right before we got to the temple I got a text message back from his birthmom that she had been in the temple doing a session.

We got to the temple around 12:00 and everything just calmed down and just felt that amazing peaceful feeling that you feel at the temple. We took Roman to the Youth Center, filled out the necessary paperwork, then went up to get ready. I was able to get ready in the brides room with all the cute little ladies doting on me. I really needed that to get into the right spirit. Then Spencer and I had almost 1/2 hour that we were able to sit in the celestial room and just talk and reflect. After about 1/2 hour they came to take us to meet the sealer and take us into the room. We got out into the hall and they said "We just got a call that a grandparent is not here yet, they are just getting their luggage and a cousin is still trying to get here" (Spencer's family from California and the cousin that slid off the road) "What do you want to do?" So we waited about 15 minutes to see if they could make it in time. After 15 minutes we couldn't wait any longer so the sealer told the temple workers if they got there before they brought Roman in to let them into the room.

About 5 minutes later Spencer's family arrived, probably 5 to 10 minutes before they brought Roman in, so they were there for the most important part. Just as the sealer was finishing up we heard Roman coming down the hall screaming. He was so upset, I don't know why they wouldn't let my sister carry him to the sealing room they had to bring him in an umbrella stroller. He hates umbrella strollers. I didn't know why he was screaming until after the sealing, but he was really upset when they brought him into the room. They brought him into the room and handed him to me and he calmed right down. After he calmed down he was so great. We had asked Roman's birthmom if she would hold him as we were sealed, so I handed Roman to her and he just sat and cooed at the chandelier the entire time. It was just so sweet.

After the sealing we did a luncheon at our church, which was so nice. We had about 80 people there and it was just perfect we sat and visited with everyone for a couple of hours then finally Roman had had enough, not to mention that he was a real trooper with only 2 20 minute naps in the car and a 45 minute nap for the entire day.


Today (Sunday) we were able to spend a nice quiet morning at home, Roman took a nice long nap then we got ready and had church at 1:00. We got there early so that we could be there before all our family arrived. Roman was the only baby blessed in our ward today, and it was so sweet. I was a little worried that he was going to be upset because he was still a little tired, but I didn't hear a sound from him, I will have to ask Spencer, but he was an angel. After sacrament meeting we took a bunch of pictures with him in his cute white suit.

I would have to say this has been probably one of the best weekends of my life. Right up there with the day that he was born and our wedding day!

(I have other pictures that I will be adding later when I get them from my father-in-law and my friend, these are just a few that were taken on my camera after the blessing.)



Here are a few of the pictures from my friend, still more to come -

Elmo from Uncle Steve (He is trying to get Roman the most annoying toys to try to annoy us)

5 comments:

  1. Congrats you guys!! What a beautiful moment!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a special day. Congratulations on the finalization and the sealing. HOW awesome that his birth mother could be there! Would you be able to send me your FAVORITE photo from your sealing? I am in charge of the curio cabinet at the agency and I need all the new photos I can get? You can e-mail me one at: kimsueellen@hotmail.com. Thanks babe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats!! what an amazing day...and i love that he just sat and watched the chandelier while the bm held him. how beautiful for you all. i'm so happy for you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! I'm SO happy for you guys! What an AMAZING experience!!! Really cool!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wendy, I ran across your blog today. What a darling little boy. I'm sure that it was the sweetest sealing. There is something so special about it when they bring in those sweet babies to be sealed to their parents. I've seen it happen and you just can't help but feel the spirit and now that the gospel is true. Congrats.

    ReplyDelete