Friday, March 21, 2008

9 Months Old

Roman was actually 9 months old yesterday, but it was a really crazy day, so I didn't get around to this until today. We had his 9 month appointment yesterday and I asked the doctor how it is possible if everyone says how big Roman is that he is still in the 3-20% on everything. At 9 months Roman is 26" (15%) 19 lbs 3 oz (20%) and 42 cm head circumference (3%). She said he is doing great. She mentioned that he may have a lazy eye, the good news is sometimes the muscles develop and you don't need to do anything about it. We are just going to watch it for the time being. After she made the comment I went back and noticed a few pictures where it has 'wandered.' (In the carousel post the picture of him holding onto the mirror). I have been paying attention since then and it's very rare that it wanders, at least that I notice, so I am hopeful that he will outgrow it. She again commented on what an active child he is. He wants to be everywhere, and is very curious, he likes to figure things out. She gave us some great ideas of new foods we can try. Roman loves food, too bad all foods don't love him. He has had a few food allergies so far, so we are trying to be cautious to try to avoid long term allergies. Pretty much anything Roman eats he likes (other than pea's, he still hasn't acquired a taste for them.) He is a climber. He will climb anything. The other day we were sitting on the couch, I looked away for 10 seconds and he was on top of the couch. He tries to climb into the shower with Spencer almost every morning. If his legs were longer he would be in, instead his face just gets very wet. Roman loves baths, he splashes and kicks, and thinks it's the most fun.

When I started the list of things Roman likes I thought eventually I would start taking things off as I would add others, but he still loves all the things that he has since he was only a month old, he just likes more things now.

These pictures of Roman with Pooh bear are getting harder every month. This month I didn't have to stand him up next to Pooh, he did that on his own! I thought it was very cute that he gave Pooh bear a kiss (like I mentioned in my previous post, he loves giving kisses right now).




1 comment:

  1. How adorable is he? You've got a cute son, so smart too!

    ReplyDelete