Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Yellowstone


This is everyone outside the back of the cabin we stayed in. It is actually one story higher than the balcony you can see, the picture couldn't get the whole cabin in. It was huge!

The last 6 days we have been in Yellowstone with my family. When I was younger we would go on road trips every year. The past few years they have only had one or two kids to take with them so this year they decided they wanted us all to go on a trip together again. They found this awesome cabin that was big enough for all 18 of us to stay in one place. That was actually a little hard with kids going to bed at different times, playing games, watching movies, but it was so much fun to go on vacation together.

We stopped in Idaho Falls on the way up for a break and eat lunch.


The second morning we woke up bright and early and went rafting. The river was the highest it has been in 3 years, which you would think would make it more crazy when in reality some of the areas that usually have rapids were smooth because it was just flowing right over the top of everything.


Look at the terrified lady in the middle of the raft, Everyone in the raft is from our group except her and her husband.

We met the rest of the family who had not gone rafting at mammoth and spent the afternoon together in the park.


Friday we hiked in the canyon area.


Saturday we met the family at the Midway Geyser basin and hiked with them then went over to the Old Faithful area for lunch.



As we left the Old Faithful area we were stopped by this heard of Bison. It was crazy how close they were. We thought this was cool, on our way back out of the park though we didn't think it was so cool as we were stuck behind them for TWO AND A HALF HOURS. By the time we left my youngest sister hated Bison.
As we were stuck waiting for the Bison (a few days before this) I figured out how to do color accent on my camera. I think this is one of my favorite pictures because I just had it pick up the blue.

We forgot to turn off the color accent so the camera only picked up the blue in this picture too, but I still love that he is sleeping on the water bottle.
Sorry I know there were a ton of pictures, and this in probably only 1/10 of what we took. We had tons of fun, and are happy to be home (for a few days).

7 comments:

  1. Your trip looks like alot of fun. I love the color accent picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you had a blast! Yellowstone is a lot of fun and what a great family vacation! You gotta love the Bison. (=

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats right I hate bison! They SUCK and ruin ALL the fun!!!!! But I love the pic of us three right before we went rafting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's me tomorrow! yipee! Thanks for checkin it out for us to make sure it's ok to go!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Roman is cooler than I...for I have NEVER been to Yellowstone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love how he falls asleep in the carrier all the time! what a blessing lol! dd would never do that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I take it the bison were just hanging out in the middle of the road poking along? Ergh. And since it's a National Park, there's no such thing as honking to get them moving, huh. We only saw some from afar when we went there last year.

    ReplyDelete