We decided to ride Front Runner again because that summer group pass is too great of a deal to pass up. 4 riders $10 round trip and kids 6 and under are free. We had 4 that were over 6 so all 9 of us rode for $10 round trip.
We got to the Ogden Station around 11:30. We thought great, see the trains, go get lunch, head home. If only it had been that simple. As we got there we saw a line, went to get in it and were told that it was about a 2 1/2 hour wait from there. With 6 hungry kids we knew we couldn't wait 2 1/2 hours for lunch so I stood in line to hold our place, Becky went and braved playing in the trains with 6 crazy kids, and Nicola went to find lunch.
The kids thought it was fun, after about an hour of course they were done waiting in line. Don't blame them so was I. We finally got to the train and they were SO excited. It was actually really neat to see how they made the movie, the movie posters, and some of the models from the movie. The last area of the train would take your picture then it would morph you into one of the characters from the movie. We haven't gotten the e-mail of those pictures yet but I will definitely upload them when we get them. i think we did me as Morley and Roman as Scrooge if I remember correctly.
After we were done in the train, they had a tent set up as a theater and did a sneak preview of the movie in 3D. While I will say Roman loved watching the snow in 3D, he even kept his glasses on most of the time, there were parts of the preview that scared him and while I am excited to see the movie, I probably will not take Roman to see it in the Theaters.
By the time we got back to the train it was 3:30 in the afternoon, Roman hadn't had a nap and he fell asleep as soon as we sat down to wait for the train. He only slept for about 45 minutes, but it was definitely needed.
No comments:
Post a Comment