Saturday, November 7, 2009

Same things, different days

My sister recently told me that her husband's e-mails go something like that...."Same thing, different day." That's how I feel about my life sometimes so I don't think it's important enough to blog. Then I look back on it as a week and we had a really great week.

The first part of the week was a little crazy, I was working on a surprise, and until I am absolutely certain that it has been received, I don't want to really post about it. As soon as I am sure, there will be a very cute post.

The surprise kind of snowballed and one thing led to another and well, it took more time then I anticipated.

On Monday, Roman, my niece Kaylee and I went up to the Draper temple to get just one picture! We were there for maybe 10 minutes max, raced back to the car only to discover I didn't have the car keys! They were no where to be found! Two and half hours later, Spencer finally arrived after going to the dealership to have a new key cut to open the door, oh yeah, I forgot to mention, in all my brilliance that day I left my purse in the car (because we were only going to be there 5 minutes) and the other key to the car was in my purse.

Tuesday and Wednesday we spent the days frantically trying to finish said surprise...

As soon as said surprise was finished I promised Roman my undivided attention. Thursday I asked Roman what he wanted to do and he said that he wanted to go to the "Aquaridum" to see the fishies. So after his nap we went to the aquarium. From there he wanted to go to the mall to play on the playground....so we went to the mall.


Friday I had to do my brother's fiancee's hair for her bridals so as soon as her hair was done Roman and I hurried and got dressed and ready and went to the zoo for the morning/afternoon.


We came home and Roman played in the leaves in the back yard again. We thought we had a lot of leaves before. This is the down side of having 17 trees in your yard!
Today we are off to Snowbird for their customer appreciation day. We have gone every year, wonder if there will be snow today? Here we are last year and the year before.

Same things, always crazy, always fun, always an adventure, different day.
This is Roman "Flying." He loves running to Daddy to make him fly.

1 comment:

  1. That's so rotten about your keys. I always worry about that happening because I ONLY HAVE ONE key to my car. There are no spares. And I bought the car used so...the dealer doesn't have a way of getting me a new one. Anyway, I'm glad you survived.

    Can't wait to see your surprise--it must be a really good one!

    Looks like your zoo trip and the aquarium were tons of fun. I can't wait to join you one of these times. I'm planning on buying a pass for the aquarium this month so we'll be good to go!

    HOLY COW!!! That's a lot of leaves. Our yard looks similar--you can't even see the grass anymore but I don't think ours are anywhere NEAR being that deep!

    Oh and one of my friends is also trying to adopt and she put this great story on her blog. Just thought I'd share:

    Some first graders were discussing a picture of a family. One little boy in the picture had a different hair color than the other members. One of the students suggested that he was adopted.

    A little girl said, "I know all about adoption, I was adopted."

    "What does it mean to be adopted?" asked another child.

    "It means," said the girl, "that you grew in your mommy's heart instead of her tummy!"

    Okay--I'm done with my novel of a comment now. I'll let you go back to life...

    ReplyDelete