Roman got to play with his "little" cousin Ethan (well, technically first cousin once removed, but we'll stick with the cousin thing) who is wearing the same size clothes that he is! Ethan is six months old.
As we were getting everything in and visiting I realized that 2 years ago today (well, at 11:50 something PM 2 years ago last night) we pulled into Spencer's aunt and Grandma's driveway in California to introduce Roman to Spencer's Grandma. It was ALMOST Spencer's Aunt Jill's birthday so we waited until midnight and woke her up to be the first to wish her a happy birthday. Roman has only missed one of Jill's birthdays!
Jill's Son Donovan came up too! Roman loves Chris, I mean Donovan. :) Roman has 2 uncle Chris' and for a long time he would get confused and call Donovan, Chris. Well, today he said "Hi Don...Chris." Totally on purpose. It was so funny! That kid has a sense of humor! He sat down with Donovan to play the piano. I think these are some of my favorite pictures from today. Donovan is a great uncle. . .cousin...just great person!
After conference, Roman was taking Ethan around the house for a walk in the stroller. They had a good time. Roman was showing him that it was raining outside, and he would occasionally stop to show him things around the house. He was being so great with Ethan.
Another very sweet thing that happened today, unfortunately I didn't get a picture. I really wish that I had. Roman loves Spencer's Uncle Bob. Loves him! Well, we were all getting lunch and Roman had already eaten. He came up to me and told me that he wanted Bob to go downstairs and play with him. I told him that he would have to talk to Bob about that. Well, he went over and told Bob he wanted him to go downstairs with him. Without hesitation, Bob put down his lunch plate, held Roman's hand and went downstairs to play with him. After about 10 minutes, Bob came back upstairs, got his lunch plate and I asked if everything was okay. He told me that Roman was still downstairs playing, got his plate, and went back downstairs to be with Roman while he played. Roman told me tonight that he played with Bob today. He was happy about it. I don't think he will ever forget his Uncle Bob. He loves him! He loves everyone, but today he really appreciated that time with Bob.
What a great day that was! I loved listening to Roman tell Ethan all about the outdoors by the glass door!
ReplyDelete