Roman really is a GREAT kid. That's why I try to focus on the great things that he does. But, I decided that it's time to face reality and maybe one day I'll be able to look back on this all and laugh.
I think there are a few underlying problems that are really bringing out the total terrorizing in Roman right now. #1 Spencer is working an insane number of hours finishing up tax season. #2 Because Spencer is working an insane number of hours by the end of the day I am pretty much fried and it's all we can do to get to bedtime sometimes (and I confess I have put him to bed early a few times.) #3 He is so smart that I have a hard time keeping up with him. #4 He has figured out what buttons to push to just make mom MAD! I hate saying anything bad about my child, but I really do want to remember this so in a year when he's so much better (Oh I SO HOPE) I can look back and say "Man, I'm glad we got through that."
Roman's biggest thing right now is pushing my buttons. And he's found one that gets me every time. When he is getting in trouble he will pee his pants, I won't call it an accident because it's completely intentional. When he can pee them 4 times in an hour that is NO accident. He's upset with me and knows it will upset me. Tonight I was getting frustrated and I asked "Roman, why did you pee in your underwear?" His answer "Because I wanted to get in trouble." Oh I have GOT to keep my cool! He is totally doing it for attention! That boy!
HOLY TANTRUMS. Roman can throw a tantrum like you can not imagine. He can scream, hit, throw his body on the ground, flail arms and legs.
Shrieking. High pitched, ear piercing shrieking. Oh it hurts. The bright side...if anyone ever tried to take him, I think it's safe to say that everyone within a 2 mile radius would hear him scream.
Then there is school. He can be so sweet. His teachers are usually singing him praises every day as I pick him up from school. Unfortunately we have had a few days with not such glowing reports. Those are usually the days that he's bored. Not challenged. Has free time. Well, one such day he spit at a girl. He didn't leave it at that, during snack time he also threw a cup of water (at the same girl.)
I hate admiting our life isn't perfect, but this is real life with a 3 year old. It's not perfect, it's always an adventure! I hope that when Roman grows up he has a child JUST LIKE HIM!
We are in the same boat here- Amelia is a sweet girl and is overall a wonderful kid, but the drama that comes with kids this age is there, too. I have said that if 3 is worse than 2 was with her, she may have to find a new home by her 4th birthday. :) Hang in there, you are a great mom and Roman is a wonderful boy, you'll get through the rough patches.
ReplyDeleteRoman is ridiculously smart and cute. One time when Porter was 3 he told me if I didn't turn the tv in the car on that he was going to pee in his seat. I didn't turn it on because he was being a stinker. He totally peed! What 3 year old threatens that? He would use that all the time too. He finally stopped once I started acting like it was no big deal. Ahhh this too shall pass. I am a little relieved to hear its not only my kid. Good luck mama!
ReplyDeleteLove the honesty! Hope you make it through with all your hair attached. When Roman grows up, gets married, you can go pee in the corner at HIS house! Fair is fair, right? LOL!!!
ReplyDelete