Friday, August 13, 2010

The Aquarium



On Friday we went to the Aquarium for the first time in months. Our membership had expired and I wanted to wait until after Hudson was born to renew it (because I really didn't feel like chasing Roman around the aquarium, he knows it well and knows where he wants to go.) So when Becky invited us to go, I figured it was a good time to renew our memberships.
I always love the grainy pictures on membership cards. Roman's is classic.

As soon as we got there, Becky and her girls and my mom were already waiting for us. Spencer, Hudson and I waited for the new cards to be printed and Roman and the girls were off to explore.


As always they were about 10 steps ahead of us. Checking everything out. Roman loved all his usual things. The touch pool, the boats he can play in, penguins and the shark tank.


They actually just last week got a sea turtle in the shark tank. They said it was hit by a boat and attacked by a shark. It has a hole in it's shell that they have patched. They warned us when we went in that we might not see it because it liked to hide in the corner, but it was swimming right up front the entire time we were there.

As we were leaving they were just getting ready for a show in the education room. They had one of the presenters out in the lobby area with a scarlet macaw showing off some of his tricks. Roman, Kaylee and Gabby had fun watching the macaw answer questions. (He would shake and nod his head.)

1 comment:

  1. We haven't been in ages either. So where's the picture of the sea turtle? We saw that show one time we were there--so what's the deal with the aquarium having birds?! (Not that I'm complaining...they were fun--especially the one the African Grey Parrot that talked really well...)

    ReplyDelete