Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Pre-school



This morning was Roman's first day of preschool. We have been talking about this, planning for it, bribing with it for MONTHS now. We signed him up in February and ever since then Roman has been so excited he can hardly contain himself. His cousins all go to school, he wanted to go too. He loves doing workbooks, talking about letters and numbers, and he loves learning.

Over the last week or so his response has changed that he doesn't want to go to school. Ever since Hudson was born and he went with different people every day (people that he loves, but it was just hard that he could come visit me, but I couldn't go with him. He still talks about that every time we drive past the hospital) he has had some separation anxiety of sorts.

So yesterday we talked about all the fun things that he will do at school. The friends he'll meet. The games he will get to play and that he will get to play with toys and on the playground. By the time he went to bed last night he was excited to go to school again.

I made sure to lay his clothes out last night so we could hurry and get him dressed. Last night was a LONG night with Hudson and when Spencer woke me up before getting in the shower he said that I responded but I was so tired I don't even remember him talking to me. He got out of the shower and said "It's 7:30 you need to get Roman up!" It's a good thing he was excited to go to school, because he was up and ready in no time at all. He ate breakfast quick then we had a chance to talk one last time about how much fun he was going to have and that I would be there to pick him up just as soon as school was over.



We made it out the door with time to spare and had to wait for drop-off time. Roman told Hudson that he can't go to school yet because he isn't big enough yet. When it was his turn to get out of the car he was out and had to be reminded to get his bag. He wouldn't have even looked back if his teacher hadn't said "Wait, mom wants a picture" So they turned around so I could get a picture...that turned out bad because I was looking into the sun.



I hope he has a GREAT first day of preschool.

No comments:

Post a Comment