Last Monday (August 16) Roman had his 3 year old Well Child check-up. He was being so crazy when we got there he was not being cooperative at all. The first thing the nurse asked had him do was look at their eye chart. The nurse asked if he knew his shapes and he told her the first few then he just refused to tell her anymore. So she said his vision was 20/30. I am pretty sure it's 20/20 and he just wouldn't tell her the last shape she was asking him, but it's good enough that we don't need to get it checked until next year and hopefully he'll be more cooperative then.
Next they weighed and measured his height.
Weight - 30 lbs (24%)
Height - 35" (less then 1%, so below the chart on his height)
When the pediatrician came into the room she asked him what some colors were, then she drew a circle on a paper and asked him if he knew what it was he said "an O." The doctor said "It's a circle." Roman said "It's an O and a circle, an O is a circle" then shrugged his shoulders. I had to stifle a laugh, he was right. So she asked him if he could draw a circle and he did. Then he asked "Can I draw a REALLY BIG A too?" So he drew an A that took up the rest of the paper. I don't know why he likes to draw really big A's and H's. Then she showed him a few letters on a paper and he was trying to sound out what they were. It wasn't really a word at all, but that didn't stop him from trying. She said he is doing really good. He is "overweight" for his height, which is just silly. He's not fat at all, he is super active, he's just short!
Thursday, August 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like a 3 year old to me! I remember Trevor answering some of the questions and then refusing when he got bored. I love Roman's answer about an O and circle being the same. He is adorable. And overweight? That's just ridiculous! Ha Ha!
ReplyDelete