Thursday, July 1, 2010

Discovery Gateway Children's Museum

Monday we went to The Gateway and went to the Discovery Children's Museum with Roman's friend Katelyn. Wow they had SO...MUCH...FUN!!! Our original plan was that we would go to the Children's Museum for a bit then go have a picnic then play in the fountains. We left at 10:00 am, so I thought that would be perfect, a couple of hours at the Children's Museum before we went to have our picnic lunch then 1/2 hour to an hour in the fountain and home for a nap. I was so wrong. After 2 hours at the Children's Museum the kids weren't even close to done.





We went over by the fountains and had our picnic and let them play in the fountains for a few minutes, but really that's not what they wanted to do.

They wanted to go back to the Children's Museum. (At least Roman really wanted to go back, he was dragging Katelyn along, it was so hot outside!)

So another hour and they still weren't done, but boy was I done!

Roman was VERY serious about flying the helicopter!

Roman tried to fall asleep for a nap on the way home, but it was just too late to nap at that point (it was 4:00 pm) so I decided we just needed to play hard the rest of the afternoon. And we did! We went outside when we got home and Roman played in his pool for another 30-45 minutes then on the deck for another 30-45 minutes and it was finally time for daddy to come home and we went inside and Roman took a bubble bath and got ready for bed. The best part about a day like that...the minute his head hit the pillow he was pretty much OUT!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Sounds like a pretty fun filled day. It was really hot this week. I should know! We just got back from our stake trek yesterday and I am really sore.
    ♥/ MAYHAM

    ReplyDelete