Monday night we had homemade ice cream that Roman, Kaylee, and Gabby helped Papa make as we waited for it to get dark enough to set off our fireworks. (Or rather I should say the fireworks, we contributed very little, Just our leftovers from last year. It was mostly Becky, Brenda, Marla and Janeene I think.)
As usual, I forgot to plan ahead. We weren't thinking and left our dog, Brodie, outside. Poor Brodie, HATES fireworks. Thankfully my friend Reagan saved the day there, and went to our house and let her inside before the fireworks began. My other forgetful moment was that I forgot to bring pajamas for Roman. So, I convinced Becky to go run with me to get him some pajamas and Spencer and Paul stayed with the kids. As usual they had a great time playing together.
I didn't want to go to a major store because I didn't want to deal with crowds. You have to understand if you don't know the city that my parents live in. There really isn't much right IN Magna, you have to go to West Valley to actually go to stores. Not really a problem. It's 10 minutes to Walmart from their house, but I didn't want to go that far. So I decided to try the little stores they have IN Magna. Well, I'll tell you, um, if you want something CUTE for a 3 year old, you won't find it. But if you don't care and are just looking for something for him to sleep in...well, you're in luck. I know these look worse because the shirt is tucked in (and the shorts are pulled clear up) but Roman was modeling his new pajamas for us.

(Don't you LOVE the circle on his butt, I am not sure what that's all about...)
Once we were finally settled we ate ice cream! I LOVE Homemade ice cream. It was so good! I mean look at those faces...is there any doubt.

It finally started to get dark. Roman was not a fan of the loud fireworks. He was even asking us to cover his ears it was so loud.

He did have fun with his sparkler, they were the giant sparklers and they were dangerous! Kaylee burned the back on Marla's pajama pants, and Roman was whipping his back and forth and the top flew off his. He was just trying to make his own fireworks.

Roman had covering his ears down. He would cover one ear with his hand and push the other ear into his sholder (see him in the bottom left corner)

He liked just sitting on Daddy's lap with his glow stick.

Jaren is such a good cousin. By the end Roman and Jaren were sitting on the grass together, Jaren had his arm around Roman, and they were sharing a blanket! That's what cousin's are for!
HOmemade ice cream is definitely the best! That pic with the glo-stick looks cool.
ReplyDelete