Last week we went to the fabric store with my mom, we just went to get fabric for her. The problem...right by the homespun fabrics that she was looking at, were the nursery prints. There was this super cute monkey print. I looked at it and thought it would make such a cute baby blanket, but really I have enough going on right now, I really don't need to add another project to the pile. Well, I made the mistake of showing Roman the adorable monkey fabric and he immediately became attached to the bolt of fabric. He didn't even want to give it to the lady at the cut table to cut it for us. I was planning to make a blanket for Hudson (the baby), but I knew that if I just made one for him, Roman would immediately claim it. So I decided to buy enough fabric for 2 quilts. I haven't made any quilts since Roman was born. Life has just been too crazy! So I got home, and decided that I wanted them to be a little different so we could tell the difference between them. I had planned to put them together a little at a time in the evenings when Roman was sleeping, but I was having so much fun, I got the tops together in just one day.
Roman's is triangles with a strip down the middle.

Hudson's has 4 triangles that form a squares between the monkeys.

I also made Roman's a little bigger. As soon as Roman's quilt top was big enough to carry around, he had claimed it.

And as soon as the entire top was together, he was using it as a blanket. He didn't care that there wasn't a back on it yet.

I was able to get them both done in just over a week. They both turned out great! Here is Roman's quilt finished.

They look great! I like the subtle differences in them--I hadn't noticed that when you posted the pics on FB. Way to go in getting them done!
ReplyDelete