Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Look Duckie and Warwa's song

Roman loves to read. He has a few that he could read over and over contentedly. One such book is this train book. He would be completely contentedly totally happy to read it 10 times in a row, then when you send him for another book, chances are he will come back with the same one again. It's a lift the flap book where you are supposed to find a teddy bear. He knows where the teddy bear is on every page. Yesterday he brought it in and wanted to read it. Before I even got to the couch to read it to him he has his "Duckie" (I really don't know what it is, it's a happy meal toy) and was saying "Look Duckie, it's Teddy." He would lift each flap and show "Duckie" Where the teddy was hiding. He knows all the words to the book and would recite the book while showing it to his Duckie.




Another thing that Roman has memorized is ringtones. Roman can always tell you who is calling my phone by the ringtones. There are a few of my ring tones that are songs that we hear occasionally. Spencer's ring tone is Everything by Michael Buble. The other day we were in the Osh Kosh outlet looking for some winter clothes for Roman. Roman was over playing with the blocks and I was a few racks away looking at clothes. All of a sudden Roman starts yelling "Mommy, Mommy!" I am freaking out, go running over to him and he says "Daddy's song, it's daddy's song." I was a little confused still so I said "What?" Heart still racing. He points at the speaker on the ceiling "Up there, it's Daddy's song." I finally realize, they are playing Everything over the speakers in the store.

Another ringtone he loves is his Aunt Marla's. We have a CD that my other sister (Becky) left in our car. I conveniently kept it because it has a bunch of children's songs on it. One of the songs on this CD is "Bad Day" by the Chipmunks. That's Marla's ringtone. So whenever Roman hears the chorus he starts yelling "It's Warwa's song, it's warwa's song mommy." As we were driving yesterday he was getting so excited. Before I actually got video he was punching the air and shouting "Horray!" It was just too funny. Anyway, the video is pretty grainy, and very short because it was from my phone. He was just too cute getting so excited about "Warwa's song!"

1 comment: