Today we celebrated the 4th of July with my family.
What 4th of July without a BBQ. We had all of my family over for a BBQ lunch. Roman was loving "Jer Jer" (Jaren) his cousin. Jaren was reading him books, playing with him in his play rooms and on the swing set and giving him horsey rides.
After the BBQ we went to the Sandy City 4th of July Celebration to see their parade. It was an evening parade (brilliant!) We found places along the parade route then let the kids go play on the inflatable slides for a few minutes before the parade started.
Roman loved clapping and waving. He even started telling US that we needed to wave.
After the parade we went to my parents house to do fireworks. Roman did so much better than I expected with the fireworks. He was a little nervous about the really loud ones but the ones that didn't make noise he loved.
Roman fell asleep in the car on the way home (way too late again!) and didn't even wake up when I carried him in to his bed. He was a very tired boy!
What a fun fourth! I bet Roman loved every minute of it. I'm from Provo and I miss the balloons! The drive-in looked like so much fun...we've been nervous to try it with our kids because they wake up at 6:30 no matter what time they go to bed. Someday...
ReplyDelete